Divorce and Family Lawyer
Rob Harvie has been a Divorce and Family Lawyer in Lethbridge and Southern Alberta for over 30 years. His practice has a special emphasis on complex matrimonial property division, including corporate interests, family trusts, and farm divorce.
- Partner of Huckvale Wilde Harvie MacLennan LLP
- Member: Law Society of Alberta (1986)
- Chair – Family Law Advisory Committee (Law Society of Alberta)
- Editorial Board Member: Law Matters (CBA Publication)
- Editor – Family Law Practice Manual (Legal Education Society of Alberta)
- Canadian Bar Association Counsel Member
- Past-President: Collaborative Divorce Alberta Association
- Member and Committee Volunteer: International Academy of Collaborative Professionals (IACP)
- Past Editorial Board Member: IACP Collaborative Review
- Past Member: CBA Legislative Review Committee (Alberta Branch)
Rob has practiced law in Lethbridge for the past 27 years since graduating with a law degree from the University of British Columbia in 1985. He practices solely in the area of Family Law Litigation and Family Law Dispute Resolution with emphasis on Property and Financial Disputes. Rob’s past practice in Real Estate and Commercial/Corporate transactions has contributed to his expertise in dealing with disputes relating to these issues and he has extensive litigation experience having conducted many trials and appeals before the Provincial Court of Alberta, the Alberta Court of Queen’s Bench and the Alberta Court of Appeal.
Rob has attained extensive training in Mediation and Collaborative Law having attended mediation training with the Legal Education Society of Alberta, and annual Collaborative Law conferences with the International Association of Collaborative Professionals in San Diego, Vancouver, Boston, Atlanta, New Orleans, Minneapolis, Washington D.C., San Francisco and Chicago – helping his clients find alternate ways of resolving their disputes without going to Court.
Rob has taught business law as a sessional instructor at the University of Lethbridge and has presented papers to members of the legal profession through the Legal Education Society of Alberta. Additionally, he has provided mediation training for the Government of Alberta.
Many Publications have benefited from Rob’s enjoyment of and expertise in writing. He was a former International Issues Editor for The Collaborative Review, a publication of the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals, and is a current Editorial Board member for Law Matters, a publication of the Canadian Bar Association (Alberta). Mr. Harvie has also written several articles for Law Matters and LawNow Magazine, a legal information magazine produced by the University of Alberta.
- Past Director – Lethbridge Bar Association
- Past-President – Lethbridge East Progressive Conservative Association
- Past Business Chairperson for the Alberta Heart and Stroke Foundation
- Past-President of the Lethbridge Chargers Soccer Club (now the Lethbridge Football Club)
- Little League Baseball Coach
In his spare time, Rob is an avid skier, enjoys hiking and camping in Southern Alberta’s beautiful parks, and has even competed (and survived) three triathlons.
Follow me on Twitter: Follow @Rob_Harvie