- Partner of Huckvale LLP
- Member: Law Society of Alberta (1985-)
- Member: Virginia State Bar (1992-)
- Member: American Bar Association Section of Environment, Energy and Resources
- Member: Canadian Bar Association
- Member: American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Member: Lethbridge Bar Association
- Director on the Board for the Environmental Law Centre (Alberta) (2006-)
- Instructor: Environmental Law – Conservation Enforcement Applied Degree Program – Lethbridge College (1995-)
- George Washington University, LLM, 1991
- University of Alberta, LLB, 1984
- University of Alberta, BSc, 1980
- Environmental Litigation and Compliance
- U.S. and Canadian Immigration and Access
- General Civil Litigation including Personal Injury litigation
Cam is a partner who is counsel to both plaintiffs and defendants in Canada and the Unites States on a broad range of trial, administrative and appellate proceedings. He has successfully represented individuals and corporations in negligence actions involving catastrophic personal injuries, environmental litigation and compliance, corporate, commercial and construction disputes, land use and land ownership disputes, estate litigation, and actions against government. Cam also represented numerous different groups against municipal governments and opposing applications to administrative boards concerning a variety of different environmental approval matters.
He has appeared before many of the administrative boards in the Province including the Environmental Appeals Board, the Natural Resources Conservation Board, and the Surface Rights Board, and has been involved in Alberta Utilities Commission applications and appeared before a wide number of county subdivision and appeal boards. Cam has advised major corporate and commercial enterprises in respect of a range of legal issues including employment law, risk management and construction issues.
A distinct benefit of his considerable litigation experience is counseling business clients on the most effective means to avoid risk and unwanted litigation and believes good lawyering involves a careful consideration of the laws, the facts and client’s desires at the front end of business decision making. When claims are unavoidable he brings innovative solutions forward to resolve disputes cost effectively.
Cam is also routinely called upon by many corporations and individuals to address immigration and cross border matters in and between the United States and Canada. He has regularly dealt with access, admission, work permit/visa and waiver applications for residents and non-residents before the US Department of Homeland Security, the Canada Border Service Agency and Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (formerly Citizenship and Immigration Canada).
Cam believes in the power of giving back. Since 2006, he has been a member of the Board of Directors of the Environmental Law Centre in Edmonton, Alberta, is a long time Board Member of the Lethbridge East Progressive Conservative Constituency Association, and since 2009 has been its president. Since 1995 he has taught the 3rd year Environmental Law course in the Applied Degree Program in Conservation Enforcement at Lethbridge College. Cam is actively involved in leadership positions in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and is devoted to his family. Cam continues to enjoy the outdoors, including hiking, biking and water skiing through the summer and snow skiing in the winter.